Biobased, Biodegradable, Flexible to Rigid
Bioblend BT grades are developed for soft and flexible injection molded application. The grades are naturally high heat-stable at temperatures up to 95°C. Bioblend BT grades are biodegradable in all conditions.
- injection molding grade
- biopolymer compound, mineral filled
- balanced flexibility to rigidity, good impact
- naturally heat-stable up to 95°C
- biodegradable in controlled (e.g. industrial compost) und non-controlled conditions (e.g. landfill, soil, roadside)
- easy to process / easy to eject
- food contact safe
- dishwasher-ok, microwave-ok
- global availability
The material can additionally be blended with bamboo powder (B), rice husk (R), coffee husk (C), wheat straw (W) or wood powder (H).
Bioblend BT25S (B/R/C/W/H) HH is a bio-polymer polymerized of succinic acid and 1,4-butanediol. The compound is enhanced with a blend of natural mineral and organic fillers.
Bioblend BT25S (B/R/C/W/H) HH is designed to be completely biodegradable & compostable (microbial and enzymatic degradation) in the targeted disposal environment; it is biodegradable both in controlled (e.g. industrial compost factilities) and in non-controlled (e.g. soil, roadside, landfill) conditions. The grade offers a significant reduction in carbon footprint compared to traditional fossil-based plastics.
The material has got balanced stiffness values with good impact properties. Bioblend BT25S (B/R/C) HH offers a very good processability and flow with an easy ejection of parts from the mould. Cycle times can be kept short.
Typical applications where Bioblend BT25S (B/R/C/W/H) HH is used for:
- consumer goods
- kitchen ware (single use/season use cutlery, cups, boxes, trays, baby spoons)
- packaging, rigid packaging
- personal care (tooth brush handle, soap box)
- beauty (crème containers)