Biobased, Compostable, Rigid
Bioblend LT grades (optimized standard cPLA grade) are developed for rigid injection molded applications. The grades can be crystallized/annealed in order to have the final part heat-stable at temperatures up to 110°C. Bioblend LT grades are biodegradable in controlled conditions.
- injection molding grade
- biopolymer compound, mineral filled
- high rigidity
- can be crystallized/annealed to be heat-stable up to 110°C
- biodegradable in controlled (e.g. industrial compost) according to DIN EN 13432 / ASTM D6400
- easier to process than virgin PLA/cPLA
- food contact safe
- dishwasher-ok / microwave-ok
- global availability
The material can additionally be blended with bamboo powder (B), rice husk (R), coffee husk (C), wheat husk (W) or wood powder (H).
Bioblend LT25B (B/R/C/W/H) is a modified PLA-blend. The grade is enhanced with a blend of natural mineral fillers. Bioblend LT grades are easy to process and prepared for a fast and efficient post-processing crystallization/annealing process.
Bioblend LT25B (B/R/C/W/H) is compostable/biodegradable (microbial and enzymatic degradation) in the targeted disposal environment; it is biodegradable in controlled (e.g. industrial compost facilities) conditions according to EN 13432 (for Europe) and ASTM D6400 (for the USA). Bioblend LT grades offer a significant reduction in carbon footprint compared to fossil-based plastics.
The grades exhibit excellent strength and stiffness properties as well as a good flow combined with improved elongation values. An increased rate of crystallization allows an annealing to a heat-stable temperature of 110 °C (HDT-B) and above.
Typical applications where Bioblend LT25B is used for:
- consumer goods (e.g. pens)
- kitchen ware (e.g. single-use / season-use cutlery, cups, boxes, trays)
- personal care (e.g. tooth brush handle, soap box)
- rigid packaging (e.g. make-up boxes)
- beauty (e.g. cosmetic brushes)
- sports & outdoor (e.g. sun glasses)