Biodegradable, Flexible, High-Natural Filler Content
Spectabio TR grades are developed for balanced to flexible injection molded application where a maximum filler content of natural agricultural by-products is required. Spectabio TR45MB is reinforced with 45 w.-% rice husk (agricultural by-product). Spectabio TR grades are biodegradable in all conditions.
- injection molding grade
- biopolymer compound, rice husk (R) filled
- good impact and elongation values
- naturally heat-stable up to 70°C
- biodegradable in controlled (e.g. industrial compost) und non-controlled conditions (e.g. landfill, soil, roadside)
- food contact safe, dishwasher-ok
- global availability
The material can additionally be filled with bamboo powder (B), coffee husk (C), wheat straw (W) or wood powder (H) alternatively.
Spectabio TR45MB is designed to be completely biodegradable & compostable (microbial and enzymatic degradation) in the targeted disposal environment; it is biodegradable both in controlled (e.g. industrial compost factilities) and in non-controlled (e.g. soil, roadside, landfill) conditions. The grade offers a significant reduction in carbon footprint compared to traditional fossil-based plastics.
The material exhibits good impact and elongation properties.
Part wall-thickness shall be greater than 1.5 mm.
Typical applications where Spectabio TR45MB is used for are:
- gardening (plant pots & containers, candle housing)
- outdoor (pest control traps)