Durable, Envrionmentally Sustainable
Spectadur PB30MB is a 30 w.-% bamboo fiber reinforced Poylpropylene (PP) compound. The grade is used for General Purpose injection moulding applications. It exhibits good impact properties as well as balanced flow, strength and stiffness properties. Spectadur PB30MB is a durable grade.
- injection molding grade
- environmentally sustainable
- balanced flexibility to rigidity, good impact properties, good flow properties
- naturally heat-stable up to 135°C
- durable, can be recycled (symbol 7)
- food contact safe, toy safe
- BPI- & melamine free, ROHS compliant
- top-rack dishwasher safe
- global availability
Spectadur PB30MB is reinforced with bamboo fibers or powder (B); alternatively it can be blended with rice husk (R), coffee husk (K), wheat straw (W), wood powder (H) or any other natural fiber, organic filler or agricultural waste. This information is exemplary for a bamboo fiber reinforced grade.
Spectadur is PB30MB is modified to deliver improved impact properties combined with enhanced strength and stiffness values. The material is UV/AO stabilized. Spectadur PB30MB is a durable grade.
Spectadur PB30MB is reinforced with 30 w.-% mechanically extracted (no chemicals used) bamboo fiber which replaces 30 w.-% of virgin PP with natural biomass. Plants and bamboo absorb atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) as they grow. Using this biomass to create products constitutes a more permanent removal of CO2 from the atmosphere.
Part wall-thickness shall be greater than 1.7 mm.
All Spectadur grades can be delivered according to customer specification or can be blended with any traditional color masterbatch during part manufacturing.
Typical applications where Spectadur PB30MB is used for:
- consumer goods of all kinds (where currently PP is used)
- kitchen ware (cups, boxes, trays, pegs, lunch boxes)
- pet ware
- packaging, rigid packaging
- personal care (tooth brush handle, soap box, one time shaver)
- beauty (durable crème containers)
- sports & outdoor